Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Shelby Cobra ...... That's it, that's all I have to say. Shelby Cobra



     Undoubtedly, if you are a automotive fan, you know what this car is. You better because if you don't, then go back through your car magazines from the last 30 years and you will probably ready about this car thousands of times, maybe hundreds of thousands. Most automotive fans probably already know the story behind Carroll Shelby and his endeavors to produce this car. AC cars developed this car and used a much smaller engine until Shelby wrote to them asking to use the car for a V8. The rest is....well.. history. If you want to know all the details, Google it and spend the next 5 years reading. Google replies in 0.31 seconds with over 1.9 million pages. Have fun!





     Today's article is not about history though. I hated history with a passion back in my school days. Same reason I am not a fan of who won the Final Four 10 years ago. That is the past. This is the present. Even though technically this car was in my driveway in the past, when it was in my driveway I could not stop looking at it, hoping that it would never leave and become the past. I was so astounded by the car, the details, and the color, that I basically just kept taking pictures of it. But looking at pictures from the past is almost as bad as sitting in Art History class on a Friday and you're going to a party that night to hang with a hot chick that invited you. You can't get the full grasp of what this car is like just by a few pictures or my gibberish writing here. Yeah, I just burned myself but you have to keep reading.....please.




     I am going to go ahead and state the obvious here. This car is a Man Car. Sorry ladies but it is true. Small car, big loud engine, and enough power to lay some 11's down longer than the street you live on. This car is brutal and savage. There is no other way to put it. There are no heated seats, navigation, or built in vacuum cleaners. This is a car you take out on a Sunday and thrash because.....well.... you can! This is a car that you take out without the significant other, and enjoy the roads and experience what driving is about. Peaceful, windy, open roads that will become loud, smokey roads once you let loose. Most of all though, this is a car that shows others that you are not afraid to take chances in life. Seriously, think about this. This car is up around 550 hp. Looking at the body and imagining how light this car is makes you wonder how anyone can handle it. Sure, you can feather the throttle and never lay into it, but why wouldn't you? That's like buying a Ferrari Enzo and only driving it through your neighborhood at 25 mph. Personally, if I had this car, I would have insurance companies laughing at me trying to get on board because of my 798 speeding tickets I have in it.





     This engine is stroked to 462. Seriously, that's huge. When the owner popped the hood, the only thing that came to mind was this. http://www.buzzquebec.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tiny-elvis-saturday-night-live.jpg   If you know the catch phrase to that, you will laugh. This car was built by Unique Motorcars who are experts at Cobra builds. This car is clean, it is built extremely well, and I bet you will never see a Cobra with a color like this one. It is one of the best looking colors I have ever seen. Reminds me of the Nogaro Blue on the old Audi S4s but this car looks 1000x better with it. This Cobra is so bright and it stands out more than a Cobra usually does. It is a head turner. Everyone who drove by did a triple take when it was in the driveway. I was worried at one point for the other people that had come by and had their cars on the street. I could see somebody bashing into them while staring at this car. It is that captivating. I really don't have the vocabulary to explain properly what I felt when this car pulled in the driveway so you will just have to accept the fact that it is badass, because it is. I mean look at this rear!!!!!!!!!!!!!





          Thank you again to the owner for bringing by. This owner is now in the elite list of multiple cars on Cars In My Driveway and I really appreciate the time taken to bring the car by and give everyone a look. It looks great, it sounds better than it looks, and I can now say that will be the biggest engine we will probably ever have in the driveway unless a Viper or Veyron comes by. So if anyone knows of a Veyron around, send my way. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment